In the valley of the Rioni River, 20 km to the west of Kutaisi, there is one of the beautiful villages of Lower Imereti – Didi Dzikhaishi. In the heart of this village, in the courtyard park, adorned with centuries-old trees, stands the house museum of Niko Nikoladze, a Georgian thinker, publicist, great lawyer, economist, financier and a diverse public, political and practical figure, a brilliant representative of the national liberation movement. It was founded on June 29, 1947 by a decree of the Council of Ministers of Georgia in the very house of Nikoladze.
On July 1, 1951, under solemn circumstances, Niko Nikoladze's house museum was opened, in the former two rooms of the Nikoladze's house. Initially, the museum had the only memorial thing - a cast-iron stove brought from Paris. The heads of the museum of that time in the technical establishment of agriculture and rural population found many items of household and agricultural use, most of which were brought from abroad by Niko himself. Memorial items were also transferred to the museum by members of the Nikoladze family.
For today the fund of the museum makes more than 1340 main exhibits. The museum has a rich book stock and library. Over the years, the museum's exposition has grown and became diverse, and funds have become enriched. The museum holds scientific, cultural, educational, collectible, exhibition and other events.