\

The Kintrishi Protected Areas

14.03.2018

 

 

The Kintrishi Protected Areas include the Kintrishi Nature Reserve, founded in 1959 and the Kintrishi Protected Landscape, which was established in 2007. The protected territories of Kintrishi are located in Adjara, in Kobuleti district, in the wonderful gorge of the river Kintrishi. The Kintrishi Protected Areas have a fairly good tourist potential. They are located about 20 kilometers from the resort of Kobuleti, where there are numerous hotels, restaurants and family hotels. It is possible to conduct water, ethnological tours and bird watching tours in the protected area.

 

 

The reserve begins at an altitude of 350 meters above sea level and ends at an altitude of 2500 meters above sea level. There are two tourist paths here. The first track is easier, for one day a tourist has the opportunity to inspect a stone arch bridge on the river Kintrishi, the oldest wine cellar. All this can be seen in one day. The second track is relatively complex and its conquest takes two-three days. The length of the second track on the highway is 18 kilometers, then the pedestrian road is 14 kilometers. At an altitude of 200 meters above sea level, there is Lake Tbikeli, which most tourists are interested in.

 

 

When the weather is fine, the Caucasus is visible from the lake, also Batumi, Poti, Kobuleti. Travelers arriving in Kintrishi can rent the necessary equipment on site for a two-day tour.

similar blogs

Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park

03.12.2017
The Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park is a protected area in central Georgia, situated in the Lesser caucasus.

Narikala

15.11.2019
Narikala is an ancient fortress of Tbilisi, located between famous sulfuric baths of Abanotubani and Tbilisi Botanical Garden.

Abanotubani

19.11.2019
Tbilisi sulfur baths are an important attraction of the center of Tbilisi. The water in them comes from under the earth, the water is warm and contains a lot of hydrogen sulfide.

Tbilisi Botanical Garden

15.11.2019
          Tbilisi Botanical Garden established in 1845, is located on the territory where Royal gardens existed many years ago. Today it’s officially called The National Botanical Garden of Georgia. It lies in the Tsavkisis-Tskali Gorge on the southern hill range of Sololaki.

Alaverdi Monastery

16.01.2018
The oldest monastery where you can taste the monastery wine, made according to Georgian traditions in Kvevri.